Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Committed Man reaching a milestone....and a loving wife!

In the journey to find the root cause of the increasing road fatalities around Malaysia, the government was recommended by the traffic watchdog(damn them NGOs) that speed monster be locked away for a couple of months and their beloved mean machine be locked away in some underground storage area for good.

While I agree that a lot of Malaysian is recklessly fast and in the process make the public road their personal domain for street racings and posing a lot of danger to other road commutters. I also think that slow movers in fast lane gave the speed demons an excuse to speed, literally! Come to think of it, more than often it is not the speedster who causes the problems, it is the slow vehicle obstructing and hogging the fast lane that causes all the hoo hah in this climate. Surely if the speedster was to be locked up and their beloved cars be seized indefinitely in an underground storage area, the slow and irritating fast lane road hogging community should be incastrated as well. Shooting them seems like a waste of bullets, sending them to Singapore seems harsh, this writer thinks a bout of public canning for those who road hog the fast lane with their slumber machine is a good way to deter these breed of irritating, inconsiderate and SLOW ppl.

This debate bring me nicely to my parents marriage. Surely if a man is to commit 30 odd years of his life to one woman and one woman only(I would assume so anyway!) it is quite a feat. My dad was a player during his youth. Tall, thin(ahem...wonder where I got them fat genes) and somehow rich, he dates a lot and surely enough bed a few if not all of them. He once told me to enjoy myself during my younger days. He taught me a lot about relationships and ways in and around the fairer gender. Odd it seems, he also taught me how to respect women. As he puts it, women never stop working, when women wakes, moutain moves! Dad was cool and knew a lot of things. Guess his days as a sailor when he was only 17 make him see the world and it inhabitants. How he would end up with my mum was a mystery! Mum told me that he was dating another woman when he was dating mum. How cool is that? I mean, any Tom Dick and Harry can cheat or double date but this guy(yes..my daddy) can do it when both his girls knows it! Haha, talk about irony.

The rest of the story is simply straightforward. Dad reckon mum is the one, and my silly mum thought he is the one. And they happily married. Soon after disaster happened; ooops, I meant their labor of love brought them my sister! A few years later, yours sincerely was brought to this world. Did I mentioned, my dad was the only ever guy my mum has ever dated? Funny how things work. Apparently we guys had the ability to know which girls are for dating and funs and shagging and which girls are actualy the ONE! And on this Thursday on the 1st of October 2009, it will be their 30 years in union! Bravo to that!

You see, marriage is a strange things. I guess Dad gave up the forest to be with one tree. And of course having my sister(which is a disaster!..pun intended) and myself meant a lot hard works and responsibilities.
Dad and Mum are testament love exist in this world, and that they work their differences and accepted each others strength and weaknesses to be together. They change themselves in order to fit us(sis n jon) in their lifestyles. And this long winded piece is to celebrate their love and tell them that Ol'Jon loves them a lot and has a lot to thank them for growing up in a loving conditions! Dad and Ma, I love ya...

It's an irony they'll not know about this piece...oh did I tell that Dad who are a real romantist would sometimes fetch Mum on a Sunday evening to a Padang and enjoy the evening sun and watch ppl running around with their kids and playing with kites. Beat that!

Here is Dad posing with his Abalone ~ Yummy..


A closer shot of the delicacy we're enjoying...it's real good!



This is mine...haha...nice and presentable! Oh, and best of all Dad pays for it all!
I know I know...but I'm happy to have save a small fortune, besides it is his day afterall!


1 comment:

  1. wow!! ur dad really cool!!
    soo romantic~
    wahahaha
    no wonder ur mum addicted to him!!
    wahahaha~
    no worry..my shua oso will addicted to me!!!
    wahahaahahah
    xD

    ReplyDelete