Monday, May 16, 2011

Just when you thought the sea was calm~

A month ago, ol'Jon posted about my curret job at ixmation MALAYSIA. ol'Jon was undecided to jump at the opportunity to earn 200k per annum job opportunity at a Fortune 500 company or to stay at IXMY to build on the project(team) that ol'Jon has started. The pros and cons are evenly stacked and after some cajolling by the boss, ol'Jon decided to stay with a reasonable pay rise. Things look good for a moment, I was settled, I was motivated(by the increment and appreciation) and I have the world at my feet, or so to say.


Then, things get very bad on my personal life, it was miserable. ol'Jon was choking and couldn't breathe. It felt as if someone had stuck a steel knife to my windpipe. The more I inhale, the less air comes into my lung.
My life was going hay-wire and things will never be the same again. Though I would like to share the life changing experience that I'm going through(not settled yet) with people but deep down I know I can find no comfort from anyone nor God himself. Therefore I decided to keep it to myself and walk on, just like any man with a sizeable ego and reputation would do. I couldn't break down couldn't I? Where would I find comfort?

Therefore ol'Jon put 100% of his effort on some of the huge project that is currently being done at work. There were very positive vibes from the clients and ol'Jon was about to hit the 1st jackpot at IXMY just like when I was about to breakthrough at Keyence previously. An unforeseen reason and several round of negotiations later, ol'Jon lost 2 big projects and all the plans for the year go astray. It was such a demoralizing event that ol'Jon and CL Lim(my partnet in crime) was totally lost for a couple of days. Drifting in to work without zest and motivation. There is no aggression and there is no passion.

A tiny silver lining over the dark clouds was when my new colleague threw a simple surprise party for me in the office. Here I am, demotivated by the events of my life(work & private) and my team all got together to sing a birthday song to me with cakes and candles. I must admit, I almost shed a tears or two.
It is then that I decided and told myself that a ship cannot do without a captain. And ol'Jon is the captain of the ship. Looking back ol'Jon bounced back from slum in 1 week and was eager to put the disappointment behind him...

If only my personal matters are as easily conquered....Like a saying goes, just when you thought the sea was calm, God will throw you a curveball. Just to see how low you could endure...I hope I'll prove him wrong...

Watch this space....

1 comment:

  1. move on and move on... life getting better and better.... :P
    AK

    ReplyDelete