Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Of Men, Veges & Carparks!

Recently ol'Jon had moved from the Penang Island to the Penang Mainland due to a lot of reasons. For those that is not so familiar with the Penang landscape, the Islanders had a fierce rivalry with their Mainlanders counterpart; although strangely both are from the State of Penang. Many Islanders would consider moving to the mainland as a downgrade, while the Mainlanders had long perceive the Islanders as morally corrupt person. Anyway, I was not about to open up a can of worms on these arguements. My decision to move to mainland is simple. A need to reach home earlier than the 830pm or 930pm norm and to have a landed property whereby I can spend some quality time with my now very active and handsome son. You see, my workplace is approx. 42km from my Island apartment. I takes me about 30~40 minutes to drive from home to work and 20~25 minutes from work to home(due to less traffic). It gets tiring and everytime I reach home, I would be very very tired with no time for myself, my family and my TV. Thus I decided to move to mainland for the ease of work, those who read my previous posting knows about my love affair with ixmation, therefore 'downgrading' to move to the mainland is the necessary sacrifice. Everyone needs a little sacrifice for love. Next reason, of owning a landed property is very much attributed to me moving to mainland. The price for a detached house with 5500 sqft of land and 3700 sqft of build up homes ranges from 2.5 million to 5 million depending on location, developers and of course the facilities. I bought mine in the mainland for 800k! Think about it, how would ol'Jon afford a 2 million home now, at the age of 28 pushing 29? Unless your father is listed at the Forbes 40 Richest Malaysian or your affliate to some 'hush-hush' party in Malaysia.


Nathan enjoying the garden

Wanted a Pony, gave him a toy pony instead....5500 sqft is not enough to fit a real pony!

Here is one boy who would melt my heart in a heart beat~

Cute eh? Little Nathan loves the new master bedroom!
Ok, sorry for deviating the subject. So here I am, being the migrant 'Mainlanders', I have to adapt to how people live here. For example, time punctuality actually had a meaning to the Mainlanders which is a good start. And Mainlanders are very good and friendly neighbors too, hooray! All is well until one day I need to go to the wet market to get some much needed supply of vege, fishes, fruits and meat. You see for us Islanders, you can go to wet market at 10am and still there is ample supply of products for you to choose from. So I went to this wet market near my house at approx 9am and to my surprise all the merchandize is gone. There is some left over cabbage that you would usually feed your rabbit or mother in law. There is some 'not so fresh' fishes and some sort of left-over meat to be sold to you. I was surprise with this and was quick to offer my 2 cents worth of opinion to the vege stall seller; "930 and everything is depleted? This is no way to do business" The old lady replied in perfect english, "Young one, men are like carparks; all the good one are taken! The left overs are handicapped." Puzzled by her good english and stunned by her seemingly true statement, ol'Jon replied; "Oh ok, then what it got to do with no veges and other supplies here?" The old lady smiled and said; "Same as carpark and men, good veges are sold off early! If you've a girlfriend or wife already, then consider yourself good men!"

So there you have it, Men are like CarParks, all the good one are taken. Some say Men are like Veges, all the good one is taken early on. So for single ladies out there, a big mention to Joan Soon, since you miss all the good veges, take comfort when some cavemen is courting you. Bench marking with good men will only make you all gloomy! Am so glad that I'm a good stuff, got to rub it in with Silly Bean~ Lucky lucky Silly Bean!

Some other quotes about us clueless MEN;

  1. Men are like Mascara, they usually run at the first sign of emotion
  2. Men are like Blenders, you need one but you're not quite sure why
  3. Men are like Chocolates, you know it is bad for you but you cant stay away from them

2 comments:

  1. lu ki si!
    im not the only single women out there!!!!
    n
    women are like ferrari, not everyone can own it!!

    and FYI, im a ferrari!!! (Red color)!!!!n im still waiting the best 1 to own me!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. if only my woman understand this!

    ReplyDelete